Thursday, September 3, 2009

Home and missing CA

I've been back in Connecticut for about a little over a week now.


End of the trip was all about transportation debacles (car broke down, expensive cab/car rental, missed flight connection in DTW causing an overnight stay and delay getting home).

While they say that dessert is the thing you remember from a meal because it comes last - I am trying hard to revel in the memories of the hors d'oeuvre, appetizer and entree of this amazing travel meal I had!





















SOME OF THE HIGHLIGHTS:
Time with my sister
Visiting with family - new and old
The Ocean (not the Sound)
Bike Riding
Polly's on the Pier
The Seals
The Wedding (so gorgeous!)
Driving through new places (always a favorite)
Big Sur at Night (despite the guy who paid me $20 cash for gas and pumped $30 on my credit card)
Carmel Farmer's Market
Happy Valley
Betsy, Jesse, Terre, Gabe, Kelly, Charlie, David, Theresa, Sonia and Stella
Santa Cruz and it's vibe
Bonny Doon's Cellar Door Cafe
Did I mention? The Ocean
Big Sur (OMG!)
Nepenthe for the view AND the food
Hearst Ranch (and cow)
Family in PVE
The Ocean - every single day!

It really was an exceptional trip and even tho' I spent money that maybe I shouldn't have (since I'm still unemployed after 8 months), I am doing my best to focus on the opoprtunity that I had, the memories I made and trust that good things come to those who wait! (and wait, and wait)

So - thanks for sharing this personal diary. Know that I'll soon figure out how to better tweak the HTML so that the photos end up where I WANT them and if I end up relocating to California (currently under some consideration) - I'll let you know!

Later Dude!
A bientôt!
Hasta la vista!

Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment